Touring Exhibitions Group
Touring Exhibitions Group – the national network for touring exhibitions
TEG is the professional group in the UK concerned with all aspects of organising and touring exhibitions. We are an independent membership network of galleries, museums, libraries, art and science centres and other organisations committed to exchanging exhibitions as a means of sharing ideas, materials and resources. We aim to tour exhibitions as widely as possible in order to extend public awareness, knowledge and enjoyment of historical and contemporary culture.
Through our website we provide access to:
- The latest exhibitions available to hire through our network of members
- Advice and information on every aspect of developing and touring exhibitions in the Handbook of Touring Exhibitions
- Opportunities for professional development through our seminar programme and annual Marketplace event.
- Links to professional organisations, suppliers and freelance services provided by members.
There are currently more than 200 exhibitions available for touring listed in the Exhibitions database.
Click here to read about membership benefits and to join TEG
Touring Exhibitions Group awarded Arts Council England funding for Preparing to Borrow: Approaches to sharing collections training and mentoring programme;
Download the press release (164KB)
New Economics of Touring Exhibitions Resources
In April 2015 the Touring Exhibitions Group (TEG) was awarded £40,000 investment from Arts Council England’s Museum Resilience Fund, to support the delivery of a two-year research and training programme, titled Economics of Touring Exhibitions: Models for Practice, exploring the economics of touring exhibitions in the UK today.
TEG is pleased to make available the following documents in association with this programme:
1. Economics of Touring Exhibitions Survey Report: An Analysis of Touring Exhibitions Practice in the UK, Charlotte Dew, TEG Researcher, April 2016 (PDF, 458 KB)
2. Economics of Touring Exhibitions: Recommendations for Practice, Charlotte Dew, TEG Researcher, April 2016 (PDF, 396 KB)
3. Toolkit: Developing an Economic and Production Strategy for Touring Exhibitions, Charlotte Dew, TEG Researcher, April 2016 (PDF, 551 KB)
TEG's programme is sponsored by
Website by Red Leader